Monday, August 06, 2012

Shon Hopwood's "Law Man," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Law Man by Shon Hopwood.

The entry begins:
Law Man has six main characters.

By far the hardest choice would be picking a character for my wife, who is movie star beautiful. Many people mention Angelina Jolie as the obvious choice, but Annie would prefer Rachel McAdams, who seems to possess the same sweet quality as my wife.

Seth Waxman is the former U.S. Solicitor General who took over the Supreme Court case and became a mentor to me. I think George Clooney could play a great Seth because Clooney seems to pull off the charming but confident persona.

Noah Levine is another attorney involved in the Supreme Court case who later became a mentor to me. Noah has an uncanny resemblance to Rob...[read on]
Learn more about Law Man at Shon Hopwood's website, blog, and Facebook page.

Hopwood is a law school student at the University of Washington School of Law who, prior to law school, served over ten years in federal prison for a string of bank robberies he committed as a young adult. While in prison, he learned the law and he wrote legal briefs for other prisoners, two of which were granted by the U.S. Supreme Court—the equivalent of winning the legal lottery. Law Man: My Story of Robbing Banks, Winning Supreme Court Cases, and Finding Redemption is the story of his prison term, legal successes, and the romance of his now wife while he was still incarcerated.

My Book, The Movie: Law Man.

--Marshal Zeringue