Saturday, January 30, 2010

Alexandra Diaz's "Of All the Stupid Things," the movie

Now showing at My Book, the Movie: Of All the Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz.

The entry begins:
While writing my YA novel, Of All the Stupid Things, I always saw the character’s actions and expressions as if it was a fuzzy film. I know the individual’s physical characteristics, but with the exception of Tara, I didn’t have an actual picture in my head that adequately represented the characters.

Because of that, it was interesting and fun to go through my mental library of actors I had seen in films who might work to represent the characters from my book. Despite their blurry faces, they feel like real people. I can’t assure these actors are the best people for the task, but this is my fantasy movie world and the result of the assignment amused me nonetheless.

I once saw a teenage girl playing soccer, her short blond hair in a ponytail. As soon as I saw her I thought, that’s Tara! So from then on every time I visualized Tara, it was with this girl’s face. Ideally I would like that soccer girl to play Tara, but if I have to go with an actor, Keira Knightley in Bend it Like Beckham would work. She is...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Alexandra Diaz's website.

My Book, the Movie: Of All the Stupid Things.

--Marshal Zeringue